Solution: WordPress Training in Minneapolis & St. Paul
Your website has unique needs. Whether you are selling products, creating pages, blogging, or updating your design, this beginner WordPress training is for you.
A small investment of your time can bring invaluable knowledge to your business for months and years ahead. Forget the need to hire an expensive web developer to update your website!
You Will Come Away With The Confidence To:
- Create new pages & posts on your website.
- Manage your blog, write blog posts, tag posts, and create categories.
- Choose a design (“theme”) for that meets your business objectives.
- Embed a videos on your website.
- Upload & display photos on your website.
- Add email, phone number, and text links to your website.
- Manage plugins, themes, and widgets.
- Update your website menus.
- Link to your posts in social media channels.
You Will Learn About:
- WordPress site management best-practices
- Differences between themes, plugins, & widgets
- Best-practices for updating themes and plugins
- Security best practices
- Overview of pros and cons of different design processes.
- Overview of options for adding social media links and “Share” buttons to your site.
- Overview of options for auto-posting to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Overview of options for mobile and responsive websites.
- Overview of website hosting – What is it? Where to host? Pros & cons of different hosting options.
- Overview of how to customize your home page.
- Overview of e-commerce options, integrations, etc.
What You’ll Get
- The tools and confidence you need to make your website work for you!
- Curriculum tailored to WordPress beginners.
- Opportunity for Q&A
We’ve got your back! If you need additional support or business strategy after this session, we’re there for you. (NOTE: additional fees may apply)
- Phone calls
- Community forum
- 24/7/365 Training Videos
- Have no fear! We are there with you.
- Don’t worry about breaking your website – we’ve got your back!
- Greater Twin Cities United Way
- General Mills
- Minneapolis Community Education
- Hennepin County Technical College
About Our Instructor
We believe in community involvement and engagement. Our instructor, Toby Cryns is well-known for his community-building and WordPress training contributions throughout Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN.
- Toby Cryns is the Minneapolis-St. Paul community’s best-known voice for WordPress community engagement.
- Toby is a contributor to both the WordPress and BuddyPress projects and actively builds WordPress themes and plugins for big and small companies and non-profits.
- Toby’s free WordPress plugins have more than 50,000 downloads (some might even be running on your site right now).
- Toby co-founded the Minneapolis-St. Paul user group and has served on the planning committee for both WordCamp and WordUp.
- Toby is a contributor to numerous community events around town.
- Toby is also a sought-after teacher of technology, specifically WordPress.
- In addition to teaching at local colleges and via Minneapolis Community Education, Toby has led workshops for nonprofits, for-profits, agencies, and everything in between.