At the end of this class, you will:
- Be the proud owner of a WordPress.com website
- Choose a design (“theme”) for your website
- Install a Twitter feed or other RSS feed into your website’s sidebar
- Embed a YouTube video on your website
- Upload a photo and display it on your website
- Add text and a link to your website
- Create a new page for your website
- Create a blogroll for your website’s sidebar
- What do you hope to get out of this class?
5 minutes: Pair up and talk about what you hope to get out of this class. Then share with the class as a whole.
- What is a blog? What is a website?
5 minutes: Pair up and write a definition of “blog” and a definition of a “website”. There is no right or wrong answer for this.
- What is WordPress? What is WordPress.com
- What can WordPress.com do for you? (Twitter feed, RSS feeds, photo galleries, blogrolls, blogs, websites, YouTube videos, text, audio, etc.)
- Set up your own WordPress.com account.
> 5 minutes: Go to WordPress.com and set up your account. If you already have an account, help someone who does not.
- Style your WordPress.com website.
> 10 minutes: Pair up and change your website’s theme.