WordPress does marketing better than all of its competitors.
- Don’t do marketing; do sales.
- If you don’t know what else to do for marketing, then do Google Ads. See this quick Google Adwords tutorial.
- FREE Beginner WordPress Class By Email
- My real-life sales process (includes real phone & email scripts that you can use!)
- My FREE Ebook: Everything You Need To Know About Building Your Small Business Website
- Free Beginner SEO Course
- How to outsource WordPress Development
Biz Concepts & Further Reading
- The Quickest, Simplest, Funnest Website I’ve Ever Built (i.e. Google’s website builder)
- My real-life sales process (plus phone & email scripts!)
- Tech solutions are the answer to your revenue problems.
- Why I never recommend people redesign their website.
- Books I recommend
Free WordPress Tech Learning
- Organic SEO: Yoast SEO for basic organic SEO tech (Get the premium version if you’re a blogger).
- WordPress Forms, Quizzes, Surveys, Etc.: Gravity Forms for anything form-related. I use it for my contact form, Website Cost Calculator, and for my payment pages. Add the Zapier add-on to connect to everything! BONUS: Set up your Gravity Form to send to your cell phone via sms!
- Credit Card Processing: Stripe.com + Gravity Forms/WooCommerce.
- Cloning Landing Pages: Duplicate Post for cloning your home page to a new landing page.
- Quick Landing Page Builder: Divi for quickly designing beautiful landing pages.
- Email Pop-ups & Opt-ins: Bloom for email popups. Someone in the group mentioned copy-and-paste Mailchimp embeds, which work great, too.
- Website Calendars: The Events Calendar Pro was mentioned as buggy/bulky, and that’s been my experience with it, too. I recommend Calendly.com for 1-on-1’s and Eventbrite for everything else (the are both cloud-based apps that you can embed in your emails and website).
- WordPress Backups: Jetpack Backups for cloud website backups, and Backup Buddy for local/amazon/etc. backups.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Contactually (They market it to realtors…they should market it to small business owners, because it’s the perfect mix of simple + functionality!)
- A book club for growing small business owners, freelancers, & founders. (FREE!)
- Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
- Women Who WP
- WordPress Help Session
Where to Hire WordPress Pros
- Local: mnwp.directory ($$$)
- Remote: Upwork.com ($$ for custom dev) and Fiverr.com ($ for templated and random stuff).
- How to outsource WordPress development.
- Everything You Need To Know About Building Your Small Business Website (ebook)
Is WordPress Too Much Overhead For You Right Now?
- Check out the Simplest, Funnest, Quickest Website You Can Build
- Wix.com: The quickest, lowest-cost way to build a fancy-ish website.
- I use Stripe.com for all my payment processing.
- I use Gravity Forms for ALL of themightymo.com’s product purchases.
- If you need something more complex, use either WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads.
Contact me if I missed anything!
(Thanks to Ben Wilson for compiling these notes!)