Maybe you’ve been here… You send an email to a bunch of web developers asking for a bid on your project. The bids you get back range from $400-$40,000 (not even kidding)!
What are you supposed to do with that info? How are you supposed to make a decision? How do you evaluate the good bids from the ridiculous ones? What is a fair-market price for your project? This is why you need our Project Assessment.
The purpose of our Project Assessment is to:
- Help everyone clearly-understand the goals of the project.
- Identify the specific deliverables, implementation strategy, and budget required to achieve your goals.
Here’s What You’ll Experience
- An initial 60-minute conversation where we’ll learn more about each other and decide if it’s a good fit to move forward together on this project.
- Once initial payment is made on your Project Assessment, we’ll dive deep with you to outline your goals, KPIs, and budget for the project.
- We’ll deliver your Project Assessment, complete with expected costs and detailed tech execution plan. You can share this plan with anyone you’d like, and, since this is an actionable plan, you can even shop it around to other web development firms to see if we’re giving you the best deal possible.
- As a bonus, if you decide to hire us to deliver the work that’s detailed in the Project Assessment, we’ll discount the work by the entire amount of the Project Assessment, effectively getting the Project Assessment for FREE!
Our Project Assessment Proven Process
Step One: Research & Features Analysis
- Identify KPI (Key Performance Indicators)
- Identify and outline technical requirements
- Competitor analysis
- Traffic analysis
- Hosting analysis
- Backup analysis
- Security analysis
- Design audit
- SEO report, if applicable (competitive analysis, local SEO analysis)
Note: The research stage will require at least one meeting with the client.
Step Two: Prepare Recommendations and Implementation Strategy
- Design approach
- Website feature sets
- WordPress dashboard setup, if applicable
- WordPress install, if applicable
- WordPress code, if applicable
- SEO approach, if applicable
- 3rd-party Integrations
- Backup and maintenance
- Design priorities
- Hosting requirements
- Backup and upgrade plan
Step Three: Project Assessment Report
- Detail recommendations outlined above
- Detail timeframe and cost estimate/breakdown
We will deliver the project assessment within two weeks of completion of the research (step 1) phase of the process.
Project Assessment vs. Project Proposal
Project proposals and bids are inherently flawed. They are designed to provide enough detail and jargon to impress prospective clients while not giving away any information that is actionable.
The problem is that without the technical details of the development process and deliverables, you have no idea what you are paying for, which makes it impossible to assess or compare bids in any meaningful way.
Unlike proposals, our Project Assessments provide a complete blueprint of your WordPress development project.
The Project Assessment document gives you the details you need to direct the development process and avoid major scope creep issues. It also empowers you to take charge by spelling out the technical details you’ll need to compare bids and, ultimately, get the work done for a fair price.
While we are often able to complete the development work for you, we also encourage you to use your Project Assessment to shop around—now that you really know what you’re looking for!
What’s It Cost?
Our Project Assessment has a fixed price of $1,500, which covers everything above. Remember: If you hire us to do the work, we’ll credit your project for this entire amount!